Making Tax Digital (MTD)
MTD for VAT is mandated for all UK VAT registered business.
HMRC require all businesses to keep digital records and to submit their VAT returns digitally
using MTD Compatible Software and not through the old HMRC Online portal.
The good news is that speadsheets are a simple and acceptable way to keep your digital records.
The 1-Bridge Bridging Software will enable all businesses that use spreadsheets or pre-MTD software
for their accounting records to continue to do so under the new MTD rules.
Simply link your spreadsheet to our bridging software and file your VAT return.
Price per submission £7.50 + VAT
How to submit your MTD VAT Return
Simple steps to file your VAT return using the 1 - Bridge Bridging Tool Spreadsheet:
- Download our bridging tool spreadsheet. Jump to Download Links.
- View our simple bridging tool user guide. View our Guide.
- Digitally copy your VAT Return data from your spreadsheet to ours following our guide.
- Enter your VAT Number and Period Dates into our spreadsheet.
Send your VAT figures to our secure website using one of these methods:
If you DO NOT have Macros Enabled or had problems enabling macros, then:
Save our spreadsheet and upload it to our secure website using the 'Upload' option on our Uploads page.
If you have Enabled Macros then:
Click the 'File My VAT Return' button in our spreadsheet to transmit your VAT Return data to our secure web site.
- Check and confirm your figures.
- Login to HMRC using your GOV.UK credentials and give permission to allow our software to process your data.
- Complete our simple payment page using card or Paypal similar to most internet shops.
- Receive your VAT Return Confirmation email and Invoice email from us.
- Pay your actual VAT Bill before the due date on the confirmation email in the way you used to do.
Bridging Tool Spreadsheet Downloads
Download for free and try them out.
Submit VAT Returns on a pay as you go basis for only £7.50 + VAT.
NEW... UPLOAD option. (avoiding Macros)
For all Excel, OpenOffice and LibreOffice spreadsheets
Rather than clicking the 'File My VAT Return' button in our spreadsheet, you can now save and then upload it here instead
Drag one of our spreadsheets here or Click to Select your Saved file.
Excel 2007 onwards.
|Open Office, Libre Office, Linux Libre Office.|
|Excel for MAC 2011 onwards|
Try it for free
If you require any assistance or support, please get in touch using the 'Contact Us' page on our website.
HMRC Portal Access
By entering your VAT Number and a period start date, you can use our Portal Access pages to interrogate the HMRC system and request details of your:
- MTD VAT Returns
- MTD VAT Obligations
- MTD VAT Liabilities
- MTD VAT Payments
- MTD VAT Penalties
Open HMRC Portal