Making Tax Digital (MTD)
MTD for VAT is currently mandated for all UK VAT registered business.
HMRC require all businesses to keep digital records and to submit their VAT returns digitally
using MTD Compatible Software and not through the HMRC Online portal.
1-Bridge Bridging Software will enable all businesses that use spreadsheets or pre-MTD software
for their accounting records to continue to do so under the new MTD rules.
Link our bridging software to any spreadsheet and file your VAT return from your own spreadsheet!
Price per submission £7.50 + VAT
Has your business signed up for Making Tax Digital?
Before you can file VAT returns under MTD, you MUST opt in. Sign Up with HMRC
How to submit your MTD VAT Return
The first, most critical and time consuming step is to get signed up with HMRC for MTD VAT. View our Guide.
Simple steps to file your VAT return using the 1 - Bridge Bridging Tool Spreadsheet:
- Download our bridging tool spreadsheet. Jump to Download Links.
- View our simple bridging tool user guide. View our Guide.
- Digitally copy your VAT Return data from your spreadsheet to ours following our guide.
- Enter your VAT Number and Period Dates into our spreadsheet.
- Click the 'File My VAT Return' button to transmit your VAT Return to our secure web site.
- Check and confirm your figures.
- Login to HMRC using your GOV.UK credentials and give permission to allow our software to process your data.
- Complete our simple payment page using card or Paypal similar to most internet shops.
- Receive your VAT Return Confirmation email and Invoice email.
- Pay your actual VAT Bill before the due date on the confirmation email in the way you used to do.
Bridging Tool Spreadsheet Downloads
Download for free and try them out.
Submit VAT Returns on a pay as you go basis for only £7.50 + VAT.
Excel 2007 onwards.
Excel 2007 onwards. TEST/PRACTICE version
This is a pre-populated spreadsheet which quickly allows you to see exactly how a VAT Return happens.
|Open Office, Libre Office, Linux Libre Office.|
|Excel for MAC 2011 onwards|
HMRC Portal Access
By entering your VAT Number and a period start date, you can interrogate the HMRC portal to request details of your:
- VAT Returns
- VAT Obligations
- VAT Liabilities
- VAT Payments
Open HMRC Portal